Bolivian Salt Flats Adventure
from $ 7,332* per person
Experience the surreal beauty and overwhelmingly vast expanse of Salar de Uyuni on this journey to one of South America’s most striking natural landscapes. This is a place where things are put in perspective; where the enormity of the scene highlights the fragility of everything else, where harsh is beautiful, time is obscured and reality seems more like a dream.
Travel Dates: From 04/05/2020 to 13/12/2021
Duration: 3 days
- Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni is the world's largest salt lake
- Cross the perspective-bending white expanse in a 4WD with a local guide, making several fascinating stops along the way
Uyuni was once a distribution centre for trains carrying minerals to the Pacific
- Walk among rusty, abandoned trains in the old Train Cemetery
As you explore the rocky island of Isla Wasi, rising from the salt pans and covered with flowering cacti, you might feel like you've stepped inside a surrealist painting
Breakfasts Included: 2
Lunches Included: 1
Hotel (2 nights)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Uyuni - Full-day 4x4 tour of Salar de Uyuni including a visit to Isla Inca Wasi
Day 1: La Paz
Kamisaki! Welcome to Bolivia. Today is arrival day so there are no activities planned until an important welcome meeting at 6 pm.Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. If you're going to be late, please inform hotel reception. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
Day 2: Salar de Uyuni
This morning you will catch a flight to Uyuni. The remote town of Uyuni sits on the edge of the high altiplano, which extends towards the border with Argentina and Chile. Your first stop will be at the Train Cemetery. Uyuni was once a distribution hub for trains carrying minerals on their way to Pacific Ocean ports. In the 1940s the mining industry collapsed and many trains were abandoned. Next, visit the small town of Colchani, where you'll see how the locals farm and process salt from the Salar. Finally it’s time for highlight of this trip: the Uyuni's salt flats. The flats are a 12,000-square-kilometre expanse of perfectly flat salt. Spend a full day exploring the lake by 4WD. Make sure you snap some classic perspective-bending photographs with your group. Discover the cacti and coral-like structures on the rocky island of Isla Inca Wasi. Weather depending, you will be at the flats well into the evening to watch the sun set over the Salar, before heading back to your hotel in Uyuni Town.
Day 3: Uyuni/ La Paz
This morning you'll take a flight back to La Paz airport, where sadly your adventure comes to an end. If you are booking a departure flight from La Paz for this day please ensure it's no earlier than 2pm. Alternatively please check with us within 30 days from departure and we can advise you what time your flight from Uyuni is due to arrive in La Paz. If you need additional accommodation in La Paz and/or a transfer into the city, we'd be happy to help. Just have a chat with your booking agent.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.