Classic Belize & Tikal
from $ 6,240* per person
If we had to describe the Belizean pace it would be somewhere between slowly rolling waves and the inquisitive speed of a ruin explorer. Embracing just that mix of curious and chill, this nine-day itinerary will let you tour Mayan ruins, cycle around stunning islands, and enjoy plenty of time to hang out on the beach or dive into the famous Blue Hole. Be speedy, or a bit sloth-like — we’ll help you discover Central America either way.
Destination: Belize City
Travel Dates: From 21/07/2018 to 17/04/2021
Duration: 9 days
Company: G Adventures
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 4905523
- What's Included
Your G for Good Moment: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour, Caye Caulker Your Discover Moment: San Ignacio Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Guided tour of Tikal
- Free time in San Ignacio and Caye Caulker
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
No meals included
Hotels (8 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Public bus, private vehicle, water taxi, walking
Day 1 Belize City
There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Belize City/Flores
Notice the difference in culture, with the heavy Mayan influence and Spanish language. Enter Guatemala at the northeast jungle Petén region. The descendants of the Maya of Chichén Itzá migrated to the Petén area several centuries after the collapse of the great Mayan cities in the Yucatán. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Belize - Guatemala) Transport: Local bus (3.00-4.00 hours, 130km) Private Vehicle (1.50-2.50 hours, 100km)
Day 3 Flores
Enjoy a guided tour of the Tikal archaeological site. Return to Flores and opt to swim in Lake Petén Itzá or hire a boat for a relaxing day. Included Activities: Tikal Ruins Guided Tour Transport: Take the same transportation back to Flores after the tour. Private Vehicle (1.00-1.50 hours, 64km)
Day 4 Flores/San Ignacio
Cross back into Belize and the town of San Ignacio, and opt to visit the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Guatemala - Belize) Transport: Private Vehicle (2.00-3.00 hours, 95km) Private Vehicle (0.50-0.75 hours, 13km)
Day 5 San Ignacio
Enjoy a free day to visit sacred Mayan caves of Actun Tunichil Muknal or Crystal Cave. Opt to check out Barton Creek Cave, Mountain Pine Ridge, and Caracol, or check out the seldom-visited Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 6 San Ignacio/Caye Caulker
Enjoy tons of optional activities that will keep you busy here for days. Included Activities: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour Transport: Local bus (3.00-4.00 hours, 123km) Water taxi (0.75-1.00 hours)
Day 7 Caye Caulker
With free time, opt to snorkel in the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, go for a dive in Blue Hole National Park, take a flight over the Blue Hole and coral reef, or just chill out, Belizean style.
Day 8 Caye Caulker
Continue to explore Caye Caulker and its water or land-based activities during free time.
Day 9 Caye Caulker
Depart at any time. Additional Notes: This trip finishes on Caye Caulker, which is located 1 hr by water taxi from Belize City (an additional 30 min by taxi to the airport). There are frequent ferry departures between 7:30am and 5pm. You can purchase your return ferry ticket easily once you get to Caye Caulker. If flying out of Belize City today, please ensure to book your departure flight after 11:30am to allow for enough time to reach the airport. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.