from $ 7,894* per person
Walk backwards in time along the Great Wall and stare down an army of Terracotta Warriors before leaping into the future of Shanghai's incredible high-rise towers on this fast-paced tour of China’s highlights. With the perfect blend of guided activities and free time to explore on your own, this adventure is made for those who want to get a taste of China in a short amount of time.
Travel Dates: From 10/01/2015 to 25/12/2020
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Discover Moment: Shanghai
- Great Wall excursion
- Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City guided tour
- Terracotta Warriors tour
- Master of the Nets Garden visit
- Shanghai orientation walk
- Chinese acrobat performance
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Hotel (6 nts), sleeper train (1 nt)
Group Size Notes
Max 16, avg 12
Train, local bus, metro, private van/bus, walking
Day 1 Beijing
Is Beijing top of your must-see list? Booking pre-trip accommodations will let you do Beijing your way before meeting up with the group. Additional Notes: Peak season notice: Golden Week falls between October 1st and 7th, 2019/2020/2021. Please note that Golden Week is a semi-annual 7-day or 8-day national holiday for the people of China. This is a very busy time of the year for domestic tourists, so expect some crowding at major attractions. We recommend booking these dates well in advance as accommodations and transportation availability is extremely limited. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Beijing
Head out of town to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. Spend time wandering around, taking photos, and picking up souvenirs. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Great Wall Mutianyu Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s)) Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Beijing/Xi'an
Take the Beijing metro to visit the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Later, board a fast train to Xi'an. Included Activities: Tiananmen Square Forbidden City Tour Transport: Metro Local train (5.75-6.00 hours)
Day 4 Xi'an/Suzhou (1L)
Enjoy some free time exploring the city before a visit one of China’s greatest archaeological treasures—the Terracotta Warriors. After enjoy a local lunch at a farmhouse before hopping on an overnight train to Suzhou. Included Activities: Terracotta Warriors Guided Tour Transport: Basic overnight train (beds) (14.00-16.00 hours)
Day 5 Suzhou
Visit Suzhou, the "Venice of the East." Explore the Master of the Nets Garden, one of China's most exquisite gardens. Included Activities: Master of the Nets Garden Tour
Day 6 Suzhou/Shanghai
Travel by metro and train to Shanghai. After an orientation walk along Shanghai's famous Bund, you are free to explore the delights this modern Chinese city has to offer. Included Activities: Orientation Walk of the Bund Shanghai Acrobatic Performance Transport: Metro (0.50-1.00 hours) Bullet train (0.75-1.00 hours)
Day 7 Shanghai
Enjoy free time in this bustling city.
Day 8 Shanghai
We highly recommend post-accommodation to fully experience all Shanghai has to offer. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.