Beijing to Shanghai Adventure
from $ 4,095* per person
China can be intimidating, what with its Great Wall, Forbidden City, and army of Terracotta Warriors. This eight-day trip will wipe away any worries — you'll have an expert Chief Experience Officer (CEO) leading the way and you'll hit the highlights in the company of other young travellers. Get a mix of modern and historic with plenty of time to enjoy the nightlife. Best of all, you're in control — see the sights you like and skip the ones you don't — so it's an adventure you'll never forget.
Travel Dates: From 11/03/2015 to 28/12/2020
Duration: 8 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Discover Moment: Beijing Your Big Night Out Moment: Private Karaoke Session, Suzhou
- Excursion to the Great Wall
- Orientation walks in Xi'an and Shanghai
- Private karaoke session for the group (Suzhou)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
No meals included
Hotels (3 nts), Hostels (standard twin/double) (2 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 18, avg 12
Train, local bus, walking
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time. Additional Notes: Peak season notice: Golden Week falls between October 1st and 7th, 2019/2020/2021. Please note that Golden Week is a semi-annual 7-day or 8-day national holiday for the people of China. This is a very busy time of the year for domestic tourists, so expect some crowding at major attractions. We recommend booking these dates well in advance as accommodations and transportation availability is extremely limited. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Beijing
The Chinese capital, Beijing, is one of the world's most impressive and vibrant cities. Spend a day at the Great Wall, a monumental feat of engineering intended to protect China from the northern barbarians. Opt to pre-book the Beijing Kung Fu Show on the checkout page to include this optional activity on your tour or ask your GCO or travel agent for assistance. Included Activities: Great Wall Mutianyu Visit
Day 3 Beijing/Xi'an
Enjoy free time in Beijing before an overnight train to Xi'an. Additional Notes: Train is our main mode of transport in China and it's a great way to travel. Transport: Basic overnight train (beds) (12.00-15.00 hours)
Day 4 Xi'an
Opt to tour the lovely and unusual Great Mosque (a wonderfully serene place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city), great souvenir stalls, and enjoy some of the best street food in China. The remaining city walls are a great place to watch the sunset or join the locals for ballroom dancing or tai chi in the early morning. Interested in a half-day guided tour to see the Terracotta Warriors? Pre-book the Terracotta Warriors Guided Tour on the checkout page to include this optional activity on your tour. Included Activities: Muslim Quarter Orientation Walk
Day 5 Xi'an/Suzhou
Enjoy free time to explore Xi'an, then take an overnight train to Suzhou. Transport: Basic overnight train (beds) (14.00-16.00 hours)
Day 6 Suzhou
Visit Suzhou, the "Venice of the East." Opt to explore the Master of the Nets Garden, one of China's most exquisite gardens. In the evening, let loose like the locals with a karaoke session in a private room for the group; this is sure to be a memorable night! Included Activities: Private Karaoke Session
Day 7 Suzhou/Shanghai
Shanghai is the most modern of Chinese cities. Go shopping on the famous Nanjing Road or stroll along the Bund district with its many riverside historical buildings. Opt to see a show, pre-book the Shanghai Acrobatic Performance on the checkout page to include this optional activity on your tour or ask your GCO or travel agent for assistance. Included Activities: Orientation Walk of the Bund Transport: Bullet train (2.00 hour(s))
Day 8 Shanghai
Depart at any time. Included Activities: Departure Day
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.