Headwater - Self-Guided Austrian Lakes Walk - Premium
from $ 18,712* per person
The Austrian Lakes area offers a glorious mix of spectacular views, forest trails, picture-perfect villages and swimming opportunities galore! The walks are relaxed, following mainly well-marked routes, with stunning lake views every day. Every stop brings new discoveries such as St Wolfgang's antique cog railway, the summit of Schafberg and Mozart's museum in St. Gilgen.
Travel Dates: From 27-Aug-2019 to 28-Sep-2020
Duration: 9 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 4547517
- Self-guided walking in the picturesque Austrian Alps
Included: * All breakfasts and 7 dinners * All accommodation (see accommodation section) * Route notes and maps * All baggage transport * Arrival & departure transfers
Food: All breakfasts and 7 evening meals are included
- Austria is renowned for wholesome, robust food
- The cuisine is a reflection of the culinary exchange that went on during the time of empires - French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Croatian cuisine have all contributed to the flavours, to name just a few
- You will be set up for the day with a breakfast of cold meats and cheeses, traditional bread, jam and coffee
- Austrians tend to eat heartily at lunch time and less in the evenings, but you will be well catered for at dinner
- Local specialities include the ever present 'Wiener Schnitzel' (breaded veal cutlet) and various stews of beef and pork
- Dumplings, potatoes or noodles are all regular accompaniments along with vegetables
- Of course, the fresh fish found in the lakes like rainbow trout, brown trout and whitefish will be a feature of many menus, often grilled with butter and herbs, or stuffed with local mushrooms
- Desserts are often fruit based - such as 'apfelstrudel' or cream pastries
- 'Rehrucken' is a traditional chocolate and almond cream cake
- 'Linzertorte' is a flaky cake lined with currant or raspberry jam, encased and covered by a lattice of cake dough
- Mozart's home town's speciality is 'Salzburger Nockerln', which is a very light dessert souffle dusted with vanilla sugar and sometimes served with strawberries on the side
- Plum brandy is a popular post dinner drink, or you could try one of the various types of schnapps
- Austrian wine tends to be white and fairly sweet in the manner of German Mosel wines
- Beer is a better known product of the country and you will find a wide variety of local brews
- The best known are Gosser and Augustiner Brau and come in light or dark forms
Arrive at Bad Ischl
At Bad Ischl Hallstatt walk
Free day in Bad Ischl
Bad Ischl to Strobl
Free day in Strobl
Strobl to St Gilgen
Free day in St Gilgen
St Gilgen (Fuschl) to Mondsee
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
the Ski Austria Weekender(Twin Share Room,Start Hopfgarten, End Hopfgarten)
All the wintery wonder of the full Austrian trip, packed into 4 mind-blowing days. You'll shred the slopes, sample the delicacies and keep it cosy at...
Travel Dates: From 19/12/2019 to 09/03/2020
Austria Ski Only (meet Us There) - 1 Week(Twin Share Room,Start Hopfgarten, End Hopfgarten)
Eat, sleep, plough through powder, repeat. That's the name of the game on this week of play in the Austrian Alps of Tyrol. This incredible region is...
Travel Dates: From 14/12/2019 to 14/03/2020
Austria Ski Only (meet Us There) - 2 Weeks(Twin Share Room,Start Hopfgarten, End Hopfgarten)
Eat, sleep, plough through powder, repeat. That's the name of the game during these two weeks of play in the Austrian Alps of Tyrol. This incredible...
Travel Dates: From 14/12/2019 to 14/03/2020
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.