Cycling Austria's Lake District
from $ 14,422* per person
This is picture-postcard Austria: shimmering blue lakes, deep green meadows, alpine villages and traditional dress. Our 6 day cycling holiday still packs the punches, beginning on the shores of Lake Mondsee, where the local church was the location of the famous wedding in The Sound of Music. Then it's on to Bad Ischl, perhaps the jewel in the crown of all the towns you visit en route. There is so much to do and see here, you might want to have extra nights. From Bad Ischl you cycle to the beautiful lakeside town of Strobl (from where you can visit fairytale Salzburg) before arriving back for your final night on the shore of Lake Mondsee.
Travel Dates: From 09-May-2021 to 26-Sep-2021
Duration: 7 days
- This holiday is a lovely introduction to Austria's lake district, Salzkammergut
Included: * All accommodation * All breakfasts and 2 evening meals * Services of your local Headwater Representative * GPS route directions and maps * /RideWithGPS/ navigation app * High quality hybrid bikes * Luggage transfers between hotels
Food: All breakfasts and 2 evening meals
- Austria is renowned for its wholesome, robust food and you will be thankful for this after a hard day’s skiing
- Typically, you will be set up for the day by a breakfast of cold meats and cheeses, along with the traditional bread, jam and coffee
- Austrians tend to eat heartily at lunchtime and less in the evenings; you will be well catered for at dinner
- Local specialities include Wiener schnitzel (breaded veal cutlet) and various stews of beef and pork
- Dumplings, potatoes or noodles are all regular accompaniments along with vegetables in a style similar to English cooking
- Desserts are often fruit based - such as Apfelstrudel - or cream pastries
- Rehrucken is a traditional chocolate and almond cream cake On average Austrians, drink twice as much coffee as beer
- There are many different types to choose from, particularly in the larger towns and cities and are often drunk in specialist coffee houses, known locally as a Kaffeehaus
- It is often served in large cups and finished off with a healthy dose of whipped cream
- Austrian wines tend to be sweet white varieties, similar to German Mosel wines
- The three best-known areas for producing white wines are Krems, Klosterneuburg and Gumpoldskirchen
- The main red wine producing area is Voslau
- Of course Austria is better known for its beer and you will find a wide variety of local brews
- The best known are Gösser and Augustiner Brau and come in light or dark forms
ARRIVE IN MONDSEE
MONDSEE TO BAD ISCHL
AT BAD ISCHL
BAD ISCHL TO STROBL
STROBL TO MONDSEE
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.