Central Europe Family Holiday
from $ 15,210* per person
Take your family on a road less travelled in the Central Europe Family Holiday. Live in a fantasy medieval fairytale in Cesky Krumlov, explore the palatial wonder of classical Vienna, and discover of a tale of two cities as one central hub in Budapest. There are so many historical, cultural and culinary experiences that attract all ages, from the budding young traveller obsessed with princesses and knights, to the history buffs who love all things medieval. This exciting and jam-packed tour is specifically designed to allow travellers of all ages to experience the history and elegance of some major European hubs, with the opportunity to take your family off the beaten track and into a world of historical wonder.
Travel Dates: From 27/06/2020 to 08/08/2020
Duration: 8 days
- Central Europe may not have the well-known landmarks and famous sights of other European hubs, but it sure makes up for it in a rich tapestry of immersive history and culture
Wander in awe of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cesky Krumlov: a medieval town on the banks of the Vltava river
Chocolate making class in Vienna will be fun for the entire family
Try a Hungarian bath on Margaret Island
Your family will have time to experience the best of Central Europe in a relaxed paced, and travel to destinations on a road less travelled
Breakfasts Included: 7
Dinners Included: 2
Hotel (7 nights)
Age: min 5
Group Size: 2 - 18
Prague - Castle Entrance
Cesky Krumlov - Guided walking tour
Cesky Krumlov - Canoe Trip
Vienna - Orientation Walk
Vienna - Schoenbrunn Palace
Vienna - Chocolate Making Class
Day 1: Prague
Welcome to Prague, the City of a Hundred Spires and the capital of the Czech Republic. Attend a welcome meeting at 6 pm then enjoy a special welcome dinner together to acquaint yourselves with the other families. If you do happen to arrive early, then there are a number of Urban Adventure tours available that you may be interested in. How about Bohemian Tastes and Neighbourhoods – an exploration of the historical Czech region, and how it has influenced Prague today. Better yet, older children are welcomed on this tour at no extra cost! For more information, visit urbanadventures.com/destination/Prague-tours.
Day 2: Prague
In the morning after breakfast, venture out with your leader to get your bearings of the city, before heading to Prague Castle on an included visit. This towering complex is a dominant feature of the city skyline, dating back to the 9th century. Spend some time exploring the neighbouring St Vitus Cathedral and the colourful Golden Lane. The rest of the day is free to do as you wish. A bike tour through the city is a great way to see a lot of the city's sights , or otherwise, head to the beautiful Vojanovy Sady park for a picnic and a relax.
Day 3: Cesky Krumlov
Depart Prague and travel by bus to the southern Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov (approximately 4 hours). Cesky Krumlov (pronounced 'Che-skee Krum-lov') means 'crooked meadow', which is fitting for a town that's nestled in a sharp bend of the Vltava River. This picturesque medieval town dates back to the 13th century and looks like something out of a fairytale. One you’ve all settled in, take a guided walking tour, where your leader can point you in the right direction for an afternoon of exploring cobblestone pathways, castle grounds, medieval archery windows, stone ruins and scenic lookouts over the countryside.
Day 4: Cesky Krumlov
Good morning from the beautiful medieval centre of the Czech Republic. Enjoy a half-day trip with your family on a quiet part of the Vltava river. Jump in a canoe and head along the river until you reach the historic centre of the town. With the warm water, you may even have an opportunity to take a swim! Once you’re all paddled out, go back into town for a free afternoon. If you are feeling active why not take the kids and hike to Krizova Hora? Krizova Hora is an 18th century chapel perched high up on a hill south-east of the old town. The hiking trail actually begins in the Old Town, and once at the top, see the sweeping views of the rolling hills, the Vltava River, and of course the township.
Day 5: Vienna
Bid farewell to medieval Cesky Krumlov this morning and cross the border into Austria, continuing to the cosmopolitan city of Vienna (approximately 3.5 hours). On arrival, embark on a relaxing leader-led orientation walk of Vienna, passing grand classic buildings and leafy parks. You'll see many monuments dedicated to famous composers and historical figure. You will have the afternoon free to further explore this exciting city and its many museums, palaces and parks, so why not check out the Leopold Museum or relax on the Prater Ferris Wheel, admiring the exceptional city views? Vienna is acclaimed for its arts scene, so if you want to see a show or simply get to visit inside one of their ornate concert halls, it is recommended you book well in advance.
Day 6: Vienna
Pretend to be a King or Queen today with a visit to Schonbrunn Palace. The 1441-room Baroque palace is one of the most important architectural, cultural, and historical monuments in the country and was the main summer residence of the Habsburg rulers and is located in Hietzing, Vienna. We will regroup in the mid afternoon, to get your hands dirty as you try your hand at chocolate making – an activity that the kids will love.
Day 7: Budapest
Say hello, or more correctly ‘szia’ to our 3rd country today - Hungary! Travel east from Vienna to Budapest by train (approximately 3 hours). Known as the 'Pearl of the Danube' as a city split in two parts: Buda and Pest, its grand architecture, wide boulevards and collection of make Budapest a fun and accessible place to explore. With so much to see and do and the roads relatively flat, hiring a bicycle is a great way to move between sights and attractions. Included in your day is a visit to the Palatinus Spa. These open-air baths are located on Margaret Island and have a long history – they were the first baths in Budapest where visitors could bathe outdoor. Tonight, head out for a group dinner in town to share your family’s stories.
Day 8: Budapest
The tour has no activities planned for today, however this does not mean you cannot continue to explore the wonders of this Central European hub! Head to the Great Market Hall to taste traditional Hungarian food, like goulash and langos, or book in a Danube cruise to see the city on the water. If you do wish to spend some more time with your family in Budapest, we are more than happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
the Ski Austria Weekender(Twin Share Room,Start Hopfgarten, End Hopfgarten)
All the wintery wonder of the full Austrian trip, packed into 4 mind-blowing days. You'll shred the slopes, sample the delicacies and keep it cosy at...
Travel Dates: From 19/12/2019 to 09/03/2020
Austria Ski Only (meet Us There) - 1 Week(Twin Share Room,Start Hopfgarten, End Hopfgarten)
Eat, sleep, plough through powder, repeat. That's the name of the game on this week of play in the Austrian Alps of Tyrol. This incredible region is...
Travel Dates: From 14/12/2019 to 14/03/2020
Austria Ski Only (meet Us There) - 2 Weeks(Twin Share Room,Start Hopfgarten, End Hopfgarten)
Eat, sleep, plough through powder, repeat. That's the name of the game during these two weeks of play in the Austrian Alps of Tyrol. This incredible...
Travel Dates: From 14/12/2019 to 14/03/2020
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.