Buenos Aires Experience - Independent
Argentina's capital is certainly one of the world's most eclectic places, with various neighbourhoods reflecting the city's diverse cultural heritage. Sign up for a short city break that will immerse you in the life of Buenos Aires – from its streets and markets, its grandiose colonial architecture and its signature strains of tango. Discover, dine and dance – this journey will certainly whet your Argentine appetite. Independent Experiences Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short ‘mini tours’ that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-4 travellers, come accompanied by a local Peregrine guide and depart daily.
Travel Dates: From 26/08/2019 to 29/12/2020
Duration: 3 days
Call 2830 2899 and
quote deal number 3864725
- Witness the grand colonial edifices surround the Plaza de Mayo while glamour and grit walk side by side down the pedestrian streets of Florida and Lavalle
Explore the colourful areas of Recoleta, San Telmo and La Boca all tell their own stories in this city where reality and romance are never too far away from each other
Attend an authentic Milonga for a memorable tango experience
Visit the Recoleta Cemetery and learn about the star-studded array of people buried there - not to mention its famous living feline residents
Take in the multicoloured charm of the La Boca neighbourhood and visit the house of a local artist
Breakfasts Included: 2
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Hotel (2 nights)
Group Size: 1 - 4
Buenos Aires - Full-day guided tour
Complimentary arrival transfer
Complimentary departure transfer
Milonga night including dinner
1 Buenos Aires
On arrival at Buenos Aires' Ezeiza Airport (international) or Aeroparque Jorge Newbery Airport (domestic) you will be met and transferred to your hotel in the city. Please look for your transfer guide at the airport - they will be holding a sign with your name on it. Once you have checked into the hotel, the remainder of your first day will be free until a welcome meeting at approximately 6pm. Buenos Aires is home to 11 million 'portenos', a name given to the inhabitants of Buenos Aires that literally means 'residents of the port'. It has been shaped by a history riddled with conflict and struggles. Even the achievement of independence in 1816 did not resolve ongoing disputes between local residents and conservative provincial landowners. However, following a succession of military juntas, Argentina now has a stable, democratic government. This is a free evening and you may like to consider dining out in one of Buenos Aires' famous steak restaurants. Your hotel concierge can help you to book this.
2 Buenos Aires
Today you will enjoy a full day tour of the city. Witness the Romanesque architecture surrounding Plaza de Mayo, the historic town square flanked by the presidential palace known as the Casa Rosada, and wander through the cobblestone streets around San Telmo Market. Enjoy lunch in a local artist’s house in bohemian La Boca – the colourful neighbourhood at the mouth of the Riachuelo River. Discover the history of the district of Recoleta, famous for its cemetery often referred to as a miniature city-within-a-city because to its size. This place is also famous as the resting place for Argentina's favourite first lady, Eva Peron. Tonight you will enjoy dinner and witness an authentic tango experience, watching the the locals dance to milonga music.
3 Buenos Aires
Your Independent Experience will come to an end today after breakfast. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight. Please ensure we are advised of your flight details booking your Buenos Aires Experience.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.