Alaska Camping Adventure
from $ 23,002* per person
Glistening tidal glaciers and majestic mountains are sure to capture your hearts and camera lenses on this 14-day camping adventure that gets you out of the tourist bubble and into the Great Outdoors. Spot an incredible array of wildlife among national parks, be charmed by historic towns enveloped in stunning scenery (Snow-capped peaks! Lush evergreens!), and camp in the remote Alaskan wilderness under a blanket of stars so thick that you can feel the curvature of the earth. You’ll soon understand and appreciate why Alaska is the only state to proudly depict a constellation on its flag.
Travel Dates: From 23/06/2019 to 16/08/2020
Duration: 14 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Entrance fees to all national and state parks with hiking and walking excursions
- Wildlife spotting boat cruise in the Kenai Fjords
- Full-day excursion to Eielson Visitor Center in Denali NP
- Free time in Homer, Seward, Valdez and Wrangell-St Elias NP
- All transportation between destination and to/from included activities
13 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 7 dinners
Hotels (2 nts), participation camping (11 nts)
Group Size Notes
Max 13, avg 12
Private vehicle, boat, national park shuttle bus, hiking
Day 1 Anchorage
Arrive at any time. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Anchorage/Homer (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel around the coast of the Kenai Peninsula, where glaciers tumble down from the mountains towards the ocean. Keep an eye out for beluga whales playing out at sea while travelling along the Turnagain Arm, or volcanoes across the Cook Inlet. Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00-5.00 hours, 355km)
Day 3 Homer (1B, 1L, 1D)
While in Homer, keep a look out for some of the local wildlife including bald eagles, sandhill cranes, moose and shorebirds, to name a few.
Day 4 Homer/Seward (1B, 1L, 1D)
Leave Homer in the morning and arrive at the tip of the Kenai Peninsula where the ice age still lingers. Spend the day exploring this site to discover the fjords, their history, science and remote splendor. Included Activities: Kenai Fjords Boat Trip Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 270km)
Day 5 Seward (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy a free day to explore Kenai Fjords National Park. Opt to hike to Exit Glacier and Harding Icefield, go kayaking, or wildlife viewing. Included Activities: Kenai Peninsula and Fjords Exploration
Day 6 Seward/Anchorage (1B)
After breakfast, travel back to Anchorage. Enjoy a free afternoon in Alaska's largest city. Transport: Private Vehicle (2.50-3.50 hours, 200km)
Day 7 Anchorage/Valdez (1B, 1L)
Today is a long travel day, but there will be a number of stops along the Matanuska valley to stretch your legs and take in scenery like the epic Manatuska glacier, Worthington Glacier and Thompson Pass. Included Activities: Worthington Glacier Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours, 480km)
Day 8 Valdez (1B)
Valdez is a quintessential Alaskan coastal town surrounded by impressive mountains, and a great place to explore. Opt to hike Thompson's pass, kayak beside one of the world's largest tidal glaciers or catch a glimpse of salmon spawning (in season). The crashing glaciers and towering Chugach Mountains rising from the sea make Valdez absolutely picturesque.
Day 9 Valdez/McCarthy (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel into Wrangell-St Elias National Park, staying in the small historic town of McCarthy. Surrounded by more mountains and glaciers than anywhere else in Alaska, every direction has a spectacular view. Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 233km)
Day 10 McCarthy (1B, 1L, 1D)
This national park is the largest in the US, roughly 25% larger than Switzerland, and is the convergence of three mountain ranges. Included Activities: Explore Wrangell-St Elias
Day 11 McCarthy/Tangle Lakes (1B, 1L, 1D)
Drive through Copper River Valley en route to Tangle Lakes, checking out the fishwheels (used for salmon) along the way. Camp under the stars in the remote Alaskan wilderness. Transport: Private Vehicle (8.00 hour(s), 290km)
Day 12 Tangle Lakes/Denali National Park and Preserve (1B, 1L)
Enjoy a scenic drive along the Denali Highway, stopping for photos along the way. In the afternoon, reach Denali National Park, known for its diversity of wildlife and the highest mountain in North America, Denali, formerly called Mt McKinley. Bask in the awesomeness of this vast wilderness. Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 257km)
Day 13 Denali National Park and Preserve (1B, 1L)
Enjoy plenty of time to explore and hike Denali NP. Discover the dynamic glaciated landscape providing large rivers, countless lakes and ponds, and unique landforms which form the foundation of the ecosystems that thrive in Denali with some hikes in the area. Enjoy picnic lunches and revel in the awesomeness of the park. For those that do not want to hike, options include rafting on the Nenana River, a visit to the dog-sled kennels run by the park rangers or opt to take a scenic flight over Denali. Included Activities: Denali National Park Visit Scenic Shuttle Bus to Eielson Visitor Center
Day 14 Denali National Park and Preserve/Anchorage (1B)
Travel back to Anchorage. Trip ends on arrival to Anchorage. Included Activities: Departure Day (Activities) Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00-5.00 hours, 370km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.