Outback to the Top End–Adelaide to Darwin
from $ 22,222* per person
If you’re going to get off the tourist track, you’ll have to shake things up a bit — that’s why we’ve created an itinerary that gives you an authentic taste of the Aussie outback with just the right amount of included activities and free time. Starting in charming Adelaide, fly to the Outback and explore the mysteries of Uluru before heading into Kakadu National Park. What are you waiting for? Come and experience for yourself the unique places and natural beauty of one of the world’s most awe-inspiring destinations.
Travel Dates: From 02/05/2020 to 12/09/2020
Duration: 15 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Local Food Experience, Clare Valley
- Champagne sunset viewing of Uluru
- Mala Walk and cultural centre visit (Uluru)
- Hikes at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings Canyon
- Wetland nature cruise in crocodile territory
- Aboriginal art and craft centre visit
- Guided exploration of Kakadu and Litchfield NPs
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
12 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
Hostels (8 nts), swag camping (6 nts)
- All nts multi-share
Group Size Notes
Max 20, avg 16
Private vehicle, boat, walking, plane
Day 1 Adelaide
There are no planned activities during the day, so check in and explore the city. Opt to go for a cruise to swim with dolphins (seasonal), take the tram to Glenelg beach, visit a nearby winery, grab lunch at the Central Market, or enjoy time getting lost in the city. Additional Notes: Ever wanted to swim with wild dolphins? Now's your chance, by adding the 'Dolphin Swim and Cruise' extra to your tour. Head out from Adelaide and search for these majestic creatures, before hopping into the water and going for a swim as they play around you. Available mid-Sept to late-April. PLEASE NOTE: If booking this extra, a pre-night in Adelaide is highly recommended as this activity starts early on Day 1. Included Activities: Meet Your CEO and Group
Day 2 Adelaide/Ikara-Flinders Ranges (1B)
Hit the road in the morning. Admire scenic views across the Clare Valley and enjoy a local food experience featuring some of South Australia's best regional produce. Travel to the Ikara-Flinders Ranges, an ancient mountain range and your base for two nights. Included Activities: Local Food Experience Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 440km)
Day 3 Ikara-Flinders Ranges (1B, 1L, 1D)
Head to Wilpena Pound for a walk to a natural amphitheatre sacred to the Aboriginal Adnyamathana people. Learn about Aboriginal art and early settler history. Included Activities: Wilpena Pound Hike Transport: Private Vehicle (0.50 hour(s))
Day 4 Ikara-Flinders Ranges/Adelaide (1B)
Journey back to Adelaide via the historic township of Quorn. Stop for a waterside lunch at Port Pirie. Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 440km)
Day 5 Adelaide/Alice Springs (1B)
Board your flight to Alice Springs, gateway to the Red Centre of Australia. Relax this afternoon, or opt to visit the Royal Flying Doctors Museum or hike up ANZAC Hill. Transport: Plane
Day 6 Alice Springs/Kings Creek (1B, 1D)
Opt to get up early for a hot air balloon flight, before departing Alice Springs to journey to Kings Canyon. Spend your first night under the stars in a true Aussie desert swag (padded canvas bedroll). Transport: Private Vehicle (5.50 hour(s), 430km)
Day 7 Kings Creek/Uluru (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy the morning taking in the scenery or by going on an optional 6km walk through the gorges and valleys of Kings Canyon of Watarrka National Park. Included Activities: Kings Canyon Hike Uluru at Sunset Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s), 420km)
Day 8 Uluru (1B, 1L)
This morning, awake before the sun so you can watch it rise over Uluru (Ayers Rock). Then, do the Mala Walk around part of the base of Uluru while learning its significance to the local Aboriginals. Visit the cultural centre to get a better understanding of the area. Opt to pre-book the "Uluru & Kata Tjuta Helicopter Ride" activity on the checkout page ahead of time, to include this optional on your tour. Included Activities: Uluru Mala Walk Aboriginal Cultural Centre Visit
Day 9 Uluru/Alice Springs (1B)
Take in the scenery around Uluru. Travel to the rock formations of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and, temperature permitting, walk through the Valley of the Winds to explore the surrounding area. Travel to Alice Springs, where you will spend the next two nights. Included Activities: Valley of the Winds Walk Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s), 375km)
Day 10 Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs.
Day 11 Alice Springs/Darwin
Board your flight bound for Darwin. Spend the afternoon exploring Australia's northernmost city. Transport: Plane
Day 12 Darwin/Litchfield National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Set off early from Darwin and head to Litchfield National Park. Visit the Florence Falls, the Buley Rockhole and see the spectacular giant termite mounds. Later, go on a wetland nature cruise to try and spot crocs. Stretch out in a swag (padded canvas bedroll) and sleep under the stars. Additional Notes: The itinerary for this day varies depending on seasonal/weekly weather. We will visit slightly different attractions depending on the weather conditions. Included Activities: Litchfield National Park Visit Crocodile-Spotting Boat Cruise Transport: Private Vehicle (2.50-3.00 hours, 185km) Private Vehicle (2.00-2.50 hours, 160km)
Day 13 Litchfield National Park/Kakadu National Park (1B, 1L, 1D)
Embark early on a full day of exploring. Travel to our overnight camp near Kakadu NP, where swags or tents await. End the day with a group barbecue. Included Activities: Ubirr Rock Art Gunlom Falls Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00 hour(s), 310km)
Day 14 Kakadu National Park/Katherine Gorge (1B, 1D)
Spend the morning exploring Kakadu NP. Finish the day with a drive to beautiful Katherine Gorge, stopping at Edith Falls on the way. Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s), 300km)
Day 15 Katherine Gorge/Darwin (1B)
Enjoy a relaxed start to the day in Katherine Gorge. Opt to go kayaking through the gorge or enjoy a leisurely boat cruise. Make your way back to Darwin, with the tour finishing on arrival. Included Activities: Departure Day (Activities) Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s), 350km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.