Outback to the Red Centre–Adelaide to Alice Springs
from $ 7,917* per person
Forego the typical coach tour and get off the beaten track from Adelaide to Alice Springs and explore some of the most remote areas on Earth. From Adelaide, hit the Flinders Ranges and cut through the Outback to the Red Centre. Here you’ll meet some of the locals, experience the mysteries of Uluru, and gain insight into regional Aboriginal and European history. Geared towards budget-conscious travellers looking to hit the Outback’s highlights, this itinerary features lots of inclusions for less than you'd expect.
Travel Dates: From 09/04/2016 to 28/12/2019
Duration: 9 days
Company: G Adventures
- What's Included
Your Foodie Moment: Local Food Experience, Clare Valley
- Aboriginal cultural centre visit
- Underground mine tour
- Champagne sunset viewing of Uluru
- Mala Walk around Uluru and visit to the culture centre
- Hikes at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings Canyon
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Hostels (4 nts), swag camping (3 nts), underground hostel (1 nt)
- All nights multi-share
Group Size Notes
Max 20, avg 16
Private vehicle, walking
Day 1 Adelaide
There are no planned activities during the day, so check in and explore the city. Opt to go for a cruise to swim with dolphins (seasonal), take the tram to Glenelg beach, visit a nearby winery, grab lunch at the Central Market, or enjoy time getting lost in the city. Additional Notes: Ever wanted to swim with wild dolphins? Now's your chance, by adding the 'Dolphin Swim and Cruise' extra to your tour. Head out from Adelaide and search for these majestic creatures, before hopping into the water and going for a swim as they play around you. Available mid-Sept to May. PLEASE NOTE: If booking this extra, a pre-night in Adelaide is highly recommended as this activity starts early on Day 1. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Adelaide/Ikara-Flinders Ranges (1B)
Hit the road in the morning. Admire scenic views across the Clare Valley and enjoy a local food experience featuring South Australia's best regional produce. Continue to Flinders Ranges. Included Activities: Local Food Experience Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 440km)
Day 3 Ikara-Flinders Ranges (1B, 1L, 1D)
Take the day to explore the amazing scenery of Flinders Ranges. Included Activities: Wilpena Pound Hike Transport: Private Vehicle (0.50 hour(s))
Day 4 Ikara-Flinders Ranges/Glendambo (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel from Flinders Ranges to Glendambo with a stop along the way at the salt lake of Lake Hart. Included Activities: Lake Hart Visit Transport: Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 440km)
Day 5 Glendambo/Coober Pedy (1B)
Travel to the unique opal mining town of Coober Pedy, where people live underground to avoid the heat. A guided mine tour gives insight to the mining process and the importance of opal to the area. Overnight like the locals by sleeping in an underground hostel, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Included Activities: Guided Mine Tour Transport: Private Vehicle (3.00 hour(s), 260km)
Day 6 Coober Pedy/Kings Creek (1B, 1D)
Take in the vastness of the Outback on a driving day, then bed down in a swag (padded canvas bedroll) around a campfire and sleep under the Outback sky. Transport: Private Vehicle (10.00 hour(s), 760km)
Day 7 Kings Creek/Uluru (1B, 1L)
Enjoy the morning taking in the scenery or by going on an optional 4km walk through the gorges and valleys of Kings Canyon of Watarrka National Park. Included Activities: Kings Canyon Hike Uluru at Sunset Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s), 420km)
Day 8 Uluru (1B, 1L, 1D)
The next morning, awake before sunrise to do the Mala Walk around part of the base of Uluru (Ayers Rock) while learning its significance to the local Aboriginals. Visit the cultural centre to get a better understanding of the area. Included Activities: Uluru Mala Walk Aboriginal Cultural Centre Visit
Day 9 Uluru/Alice Springs (1B)
Travel to the rock formations of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and, heat permitting, walk through the Valley of the Winds to explore the surrounding area before continuing onto Alice Springs. The tour ends upon arrival to Alice Springs in the evening. Included Activities: Valley of the Winds Walk Departure Day (Activities) Transport: Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s), 375km)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Tours
Call 2830 2899 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
Personalised service guarantee
Access to inspiring advice, planning and booking services from expert travel industry professionals.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With a retail store in Hong Kong, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.