Offering 10km, half or full marathon spaces, the Pyongyang Marathon course begins and ends at the Kim Il-sung stadium, taking a 10km loop around the hermitic North Korean city's wide boulevards. The opening ceremony sees participants invited to complete a lap of the stadium in front of a capacity crowd, making this an opportunity to take part in what may be the most culturally unique marathon on earth.
9 April 2017
6 - 9 April 2017
Runner package cost:
from $13,399 (twin share)
- Return economy class airfare from Shanghai to Pyongyang, North Korea flying Koryo Air, inludes taxes.
- 2 nights' accommodation in a Pyongyang Hotel
- All meals on the tours
- Sightseeing and transportation included with guide
- Visa for DPRK included
- Guaranteed Entry to the Marathon 2017
- Excludes return flights from Hong Kong to Shanghai. From $1,230 plus taxes, flying Hong Kong Airlines.