Ponant Cruises, Antarctica Expedition Cruise
Taking adventure travel to the next level, an Antarctic cruise is the final frontier for experienced explorers. Marvel at the icy stillness and iridescent beauty of your surroundings on this very definition of a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Look forward to an adventure of a lifetime aboard the luxurious Antarctica cruise collection by Ponant. It complements fascinating itineraries around the southern Polar Regions with luxurious yachts that offer supreme comfort, well-appointed cabins and exquisite dining to discerning travellers.
Ponant is also staffed with expert guides who will accompany passengers on excursions to interesting sites not visited by many. As you sail to the Antarctic Peninsula, set your eyes on some of the world's most stunning natural sites, from icebergs to a rich marine life and penguin colonies.
The Antarctic cruising season runs from November to February. Antarctica involves early planning with cruises selling out far in advance. We recommend you book at least 18 months in advance to avoid disappointment.
Flight Centre recommends:
- "The Great Austral Loop"
- Departs and concludes in Ushuaia (Argentina)
- 15 nights cruising
- Sail through the famous Drake Passage traversing the Polar Front, which marks the spot where the Atlantic, Pacific and the Indian Oceans meet.
- Admire the beauty of Neko Bay, and encounter wildlife living in the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Sail close to blue-tinged icebergs.
- Visit Port Lockroy, a base used by the Antarctic explorers in the 50s.
- Explore Deception Island.
- Experience true silence as you sail through the Weddell Sea.
- Discover a secret reserve of preserved treasure such as fur seals, penguin colonies, wandering albatross and other giant petrels.
- Visit Ushuaia, the world's southernmost city, and drink in the beauty of the city surrounded by mountains and fertile plains.
Why travel with Ponant:
- Intimate cruising experiences. Their ships accommodate between 64 to 264 guests.
- Stylish chic interiors
- Casual elegance onboard without the formalities
- Exceptional dining showcasing French and international cuisine including complimentary wine during lunch and dinner
- International experts onboard to share their expertise on the surroundings