MS Oberoi Zahra, Nile River
The most historic of all rivers, the Nile drifts 6,700 kilometres through northeastern Africa before flowing into the Mediterranean Sea.
The Oberoi Zahra offers luxuriously appointed cabins and suites complete with personal bar, along with fine dining, spa and fitness facilities and a temperature-controlled pool. You'll travel alongside the Zahra's resident Egyptologists, unravelling five thousand years of history in the utmost comfort.
Flight Centre recommends:
- Travel during the months of April, May, September or October for comfortable day and night time temperatures and favourable daylight hours.
- 7 Night cruise from Luxor to Aswan.
- Take time to visit the spectacular Abu Simbel – the massive rock cut temples of King Ramses II and his queen Nefertari
- Take a stroll and imagine what ancient Egyptian life was like in the enchanting Aswan, an important city that used to be a marketplace where exotic goods were traded.
- Take a short felucca ride on the Nile River to the Botanical Gardens.
- Visit some of the most stunning temples in Egypt including the Temples of Kom Ombo, Temple of Horus, Luxor Temple, Karnak Temple amongst others and learn about the rich history of Egypt.
- Explore the city of Luxor, the capital of Thebes.
- Walk around the Valley of the Kings, the necropolis of the New Kingdom pharaohs including Tutankhamen, Ramses VI and Seti, and explore some of the remarkable tombs. Marvel at the colourful pictures and hieroglyphics inside an discover the amazing stories they tell.
- Visit the striking Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, an extraordinary monument rising from the desert plain in a series of imposing terraces.
Why travel with MS Oberoi Zahra:
- One of the most luxurious cruise liners operating on the River Nile.
- An intimate river cruising experience with only 27 suites onboard.
- Each suite boasts large windows offering panoramic views of the Nile.
- Outdoor pool on the sundeck.
- The only boat on the Nile to feature a full-service spa.
- Onboard English speaking Egyptologists. Multi-lingual Egyptologists can be arranged on prior request.
- Sightseeing itinerary included.