Elegance of the East Coast
Explore the eastside with this enlightening tour of some of American's most captivating cities.
Combining historical highlights with cosmopolitan glamour, this eight-day adventure begins with a stay at the iconic Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York, including a horse-drawn carriage ride to soak up all the sights in style. It's then onto the luxurious mansions of Newport before you're whisked away to Boston, where the American Revolutionary War was fought at sites including Back Bay and Bunker Hill. Uncover even more American history at your final destinations; Philadelphia – the home of the Liberty Bell, where the Declaration of Independence was signed – and Washington D.C, where monuments such as the Whitehouse, Lincoln Memorial and Library of Congress are certain to inspire.
from HK$25,099 per person
Duration: 8 days
Destination: United States
Availability: From 30/04/2016 to 29/10/2016
Tour Highlights: Philadelphia, New York, Newport, Washington DC, Boston
- New York: Join a Local Expert for an insider's look at New York's top landmarks. View the Empire State, Chrysler Building and Central Park.
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and Bunker Hill.
- Philadelphia: Tour the Liberty Bell Center. Learn the steps taken to achieve American independence at Philadelphia's Independence National Historic Park.
- Baltimore: Visit the historic Inner Harbor.
- Washington, D.C.: Join a Local Expert for insights into the capital city's most iconic sites and see the White House, the US Capitol, the Washington Monument and National Mall.
- Scenic Drives: Discover the charming colonial town of Newport, Rhode Island, and travel along Ocean Drive.
- New York: Experience a classic horse-drawn carriage ride, sit back and relax as your driver reveals to you Central Park.
- New York: With a Local Guide, witness some on the city's most iconic landmarks, including the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings.
- New York: Witness the towering ceilings, majestic pillars as you hear the hum of trains and their passengers with a Local Expert at Grand Central Station.
- Rhode Island: The Breakers, the most grandiose of Newport's mansions, is an Italian Renaissance palace that is nothing short of sumptuous. View the priceless tapestries, fine mosaic work, irreplaceable paintings, and ornate furniture that testify to the wealth of one of America's most affluent families.
- Boston: Follow part of Boston's red-brick Freedom Trail which brings to life the story of the American Revolution.
- Boston: Learn about the history of Harvard, one of America's most prestigious universities from a Harvard scholar.
- Philadelphia: View Independence Hall and the giant cracked Liberty Bell in its own glass pavilion.
- Philadelphia: Embark on a VIP Philly food tour at historic Reading Terminal Market.
- Washington, D.C.: Take a tour of the capital city's most iconic sites with a Local Expert.
- Washington, D.C.: Visit the official national library of the United States with a Local Expert at the Library of Congress.
- 7 nights accommodation in first-class hotels
- Hand-picked Insight signature experiences
- Dining highlights
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Expert Travel Director and separate driver
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with extended leg room
- Return airport transfers
- Optional experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Complimentary wifi throughout the coach and hotels to stay connected
A Bite of the Big Apple
Welcome to New York. On arrival at JFK, Newark or La Guardia airports, transfer to your luxurious hotel, the Park Hyatt New York. At 6.00pm, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception and an opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over a pleasant evening with drinks and a light meal. (Welcome Dinner)
Wake up refreshed and relaxed in the heart of 'the city that never sleeps'. A Local Expert lays bare the city highlights. View the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park, marvel at New York's iconic Empire State and Chrysler Buildings and get an overview of the gardens and attractions at Central Park. Enjoy a carriage ride on the famous Central Park carriages for a unique and up close view of one of the world's most famous parks. After, visit one of New York's most iconic architectural marvels, Grand Central Station, with a Local Expert. The rest of the day is at leisure. Perhaps take in a Broadway show, hit the art galleries, venture into the celebrity designer shops and flagship fashion houses of Madison Avenue, or explore New York's acclaimed museums? (Full Breakfast)
Vanderbilt's Newport and Boston
Journey to historic Newport, Rhode Island. Travel along Ocean Drive, lined with the Gilded Age mansions of America's wealthiest families. Visit The Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer 'cottages' and a symbol of the prestigious Vanderbilt family's social and financial pre-eminence during the late 19th century. Later in the evening, arrive in Boston. (Full Breakfast)
Gain a fascinating insight into the history of 'Beantown' on the following morning's historical sightseeing tour. With several stops along Boston's famed Freedom Trail, you'll hear all about the struggle and courage of the American colonists during revolutionary times. Then, view the colourful neighbourhoods of Back Bay and Bunker Hill, site of the noted revolutionary battle. Next, take a student-led visit of prestigious Harvard University, America's oldest university founded in 1636. Relax and linger over a delicious four-course Highlight Dinner at a local restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)
Exploring the Streets of Philadelphia
Set out for Philadelphia, one of America's first cities, founded by the Quakers to escape religious persecution and still known as the 'City of Brotherly Love'.
Amid 'America's Most Historic Square Mile' explore the comprehensive Independence National Historic Park and its many historic attractions. View Independence Hall, where America's founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, and the giant cracked Liberty Bell in its own glass pavilion. In the evening, the Highlight Dinner is at one of the city's popular restaurants, complete with wine and a relaxed atmosphere. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)
Monumental Washington, D.C.
This morning, embark on a VIP Taste of Philly foods. A Local Expert will reveal the fascinating history behind some of Philly's most famous delicacies at the historic Reading Terminal Market. Check into your five-star, luxury hotel, in the heart of Philadelphia. Arrive in Washington, D.C. in the afternoon, where the rest of the day is at leisure. (Full Breakfast)
Washington, D.C. Sightseeing
Begin your day with an insightful tour of Washington, D.C. with a Local Expert. View the capital's iconic landmarks, including the White House, Washington Monument and National Mall. Contemplate and be inspired as you visit the World War II and Lincoln Memorials. Washington, D.C. is also the home to the oldest cultural institution in the United States and the official national library of the United States, the Library of Congress. The Library is still the largest in the world and you will see exactly how it earned this title on an expert-guided visit. In the evening, join your Tour Director for a finalé Celebration Dinner at one of D.C.'s prized restaurants. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)
Back to New York City
In the morning, transfer to either of Washington D.C.'s airports where you can opt to leave the tour. Or continue on to New York City with a departure transfer to JFK Airport or the tour hotel for guests wishing to extend their stay. Please do not schedule flights before 7.00pm. (Full Breakfast)
- New York: Standing as a beacon of old-world elegance is the legendary Waldorf Astoria. Experience the utmost in fine dining and historic rooms on the top floors of this iconic hotel, known at The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria New York.
- Boston: Stay in historic and elegant charm at The Langham Boston.
- Philadelphia: History, elegance and location come together in a perfect blend at the Sofitel Philadelphia.
- Washington, D.C.: Enjoy the utmost in luxury at the Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown.
- New York: Enjoy a mouth watering Highlight Lunch at the world famous Katz's Deli.
- Boston: In a setting that perfectly complements the culinary delights, enjoy a glass of wine with cosmopolitan cuisine at a popular restaurant for a Highlight Dinner.
- Philadelphia: Indulge in a refined take on classic dishes at a well-loved restaurant. Throw in some wine for a guaranteed great night out.
- Washington, D.C.: At your finalé Celebration Dinner, old-fashioned hospitality is blended with fine cuisine, a little wine and an outstanding setting for an experience that delights all the senses.
- 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 2 Highlight Dinners (HD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD).